For sure this is a unique experience, and one that is truly Berlin. But don’t take my word for it — check out a few more reviews on the food and the restaurant from others in Berlin:
You are here: Home » Don’t Hate Me For Hating Currywurst!
October 10, 2012 | 12 Comments
I hate currywurst. There. I said it. Being so in love with Berlin as I am means that sentence borders on — no, it is — blasphemy. The people here go nuts for the (pork?) stuff, and I really cannot understand this gastronomic mystery. In fact, I’ve been told that Germans eat more than 70 million servings of currywurst cuisine annually. There are scores of currywurst restaurants in the city, and even a museum dedicated to immortalizing it’s meaty history.
Yes; greasy hot dog, chopped up, with icky too-sweet ketchup and sneeze-inducing dusty curry powder draws visitors from around the world. In my Berlin office cafeteria, I could always tell when it was currywurst day — the line snaked all the way through the entire eating area and out the door.
Maybe it’s an American thing, I don’t know, but I can confirm that my compatriot, Travels of Adam, feels the same: YUK!
But, if you are one of those that are passionate about spicy grease mixed with sugar and you are in Berlin, besides eating it you might want to visit the Deutsches Currywurst Museum. Nose your way through the powdery sniffing stations, get your very own personalized currywurst profile, and learn all about the curious history of the cult snack food while lounging on a giant weiner shaped sofa. To keep the curated experience in your heart long after you leave, you can even harass their oblong German speaking mascot, QWoo, on twitter.
- Chillin’ at Mauerpark July 13, 2014
- Urgent Veterinary Care and Pet Emergencies in Berlin October 13, 2013
- Best of Berlin Blogs: Roundup Feb 2013 February 11, 2013
- Kiss Your Honey On Gendarmenmarkt At Night November 1, 2012
- The German Museum Of Technology In Berlin October 27, 2012
- Getting Naked With The Doctor September 4, 2011
- Bye Bye Monbijouplatz, I Will/Won’t Miss You June 21, 2012
- Don’t Hate Me For Hating Currywurst! October 10, 2012
- Sharing Translation Expertise With Google September 3, 2011
- I Want to Wash the Windows of the Fernsehturm October 26, 2012
- Joyce: Dear SandyInBerlin, My name is Joyce and I work...
- maggsquintas: Just wanted to say thank you so much for this post...
- Peter Roman: I (English),have lived here since the good old day...
- Lisa Katherine Margaret Arnold: So what is the best time of the year to come to Be...
- Lisa Katherine Margaret Arnold: I can't believe"and Berlin" really asked that abou...
american Berlin berlinale bootie christmas cool cuisine dancing dj doctor expat expatriate expensive fashion FKK food foodie freikörperkultur funny germany gourmet holidays landmark life luxury michelin star nudity party prêt a diner restaurant sightseeing soundcloud startup technology tim raue tourism translate travel trendy unique vacation visit walking wow youtube
- My Summer Love ... Is Berlin. buff.ly/1ukB0yZ #stayawaywinter via @cherrysberries 4 weeks ago
- AWESOME! Take a look inside life @RetentionGrid with our great new employment site created by @Tyba buff.ly/1zH821t 4 weeks ago
- "Souls in a Box – Creative Berliners in their Homes" buff.ly/10J0zTo 1 month ago
- "Five months of coworking: An überlin update" buff.ly/1AGaoSg 1 month ago
- "Berlin celebrates the fall of the wall with 8,000-balloon light installation" mashable.com/2014/11/08/ber… 1 month ago
- "25 Years of the Fall of the Wall: Photography from Now and Then" buff.ly/1Er1dnf 1 month ago
- RT @MattinBerlin: #joggingtweet #sunnyday #autumn #ilike #ditisberlin http://t.co/jFKr1x3alL 1 month ago
- "Gentrifuck" buff.ly/1A1bffY 1 month ago
- RT @rocks_david: The Berlin Wall, then and now. From my good friend Sean Gallup in the @guardian gu.com/p/42mdb/tw http://t.co/29JWndx… 1 month ago
- "So viel Hipster" buff.ly/1yOWpVB 1 month ago