For sure this is a unique experience, and one that is truly Berlin. But don’t take my word for it — check out a few more reviews on the food and the restaurant from others in Berlin:
You are here: Home » Don’t Hate Me For Hating Currywurst!
October 10, 2012 | 12 Comments
I hate currywurst. There. I said it. Being so in love with Berlin as I am means that sentence borders on — no, it is — blasphemy. The people here go nuts for the (pork?) stuff, and I really cannot understand this gastronomic mystery. In fact, I’ve been told that Germans eat more than 70 million servings of currywurst cuisine annually. There are scores of currywurst restaurants in the city, and even a museum dedicated to immortalizing it’s meaty history.
Yes; greasy hot dog, chopped up, with icky too-sweet ketchup and sneeze-inducing dusty curry powder draws visitors from around the world. In my Berlin office cafeteria, I could always tell when it was currywurst day — the line snaked all the way through the entire eating area and out the door.
Maybe it’s an American thing, I don’t know, but I can confirm that my compatriot, Travels of Adam, feels the same: YUK!
But, if you are one of those that are passionate about spicy grease mixed with sugar and you are in Berlin, besides eating it you might want to visit the Deutsches Currywurst Museum. Nose your way through the powdery sniffing stations, get your very own personalized currywurst profile, and learn all about the curious history of the cult snack food while lounging on a giant weiner shaped sofa. To keep the curated experience in your heart long after you leave, you can even harass their oblong German speaking mascot, QWoo, on twitter.
- Chillin’ at Mauerpark July 13, 2014
- Urgent Veterinary Care and Pet Emergencies in Berlin October 13, 2013
- Best of Berlin Blogs: Roundup Feb 2013 February 11, 2013
- Kiss Your Honey On Gendarmenmarkt At Night November 1, 2012
- The German Museum Of Technology In Berlin October 27, 2012
- Getting Naked With The Doctor September 4, 2011
- Bye Bye Monbijouplatz, I Will/Won’t Miss You June 21, 2012
- Don’t Hate Me For Hating Currywurst! October 10, 2012
- Sharing Translation Expertise With Google September 3, 2011
- I Want to Wash the Windows of the Fernsehturm October 26, 2012
- Peter Roman: I (English),have lived here since the good old day...
- Lisa Katherine Margaret Arnold: So what is the best time of the year to come to Be...
- Lisa Katherine Margaret Arnold: I can't believe"and Berlin" really asked that abou...
- Lisa Katherine Margaret Arnold: The video violated you tube terms? What COULD tha...
- Lisa Katherine Margaret Arnold: Don't think I Saw this before. Or pictures of Geo....
american Berlin berlinale bootie christmas cool cuisine dancing dj doctor expat expatriate expensive fashion FKK food foodie freikörperkultur funny germany gourmet holidays landmark life luxury michelin star nudity party prêt a diner restaurant sightseeing soundcloud startup technology tim raue tourism translate travel trendy unique vacation visit walking wow youtube
- @mostlikely_to I can't find your email address. So please hit me up: sandy@retentiongrid -- and trust me -- you will enjoy them 3 weeks ago
- @mostlikely_to I have exceptional friends in town. Two scholars in art, design and architecture. I would like you and Zöe to meet them. 3 weeks ago
- #Jellyfish EyeEm.com/p/43945581 1 month ago
- "Barcomi’s" buff.ly/1oeDJv9 1 month ago
- "Wir haben Ratten im Haus!!!!!!!!!!" buff.ly/1zDR3xb 1 month ago
- Aaaw. I want a #Geep. #goatsheep #baby...extremely rare #cute! buff.ly/1rWRKka 1 month ago
- My favorite @EyeEm album of all time: #iseefaces http://t.co/FiRcijzR5f 1 month ago
- I love @EyeEm #bestphotoappever http://t.co/CYOixkSnop 1 month ago
- Summertime in Berlin eyeem.com/p/42507548 1 month ago
- #MyPrettyStreet (@ Malinikoff) EyeEm.com/p/42314834 1 month ago