For sure this is a unique experience, and one that is truly Berlin. But don’t take my word for it — check out a few more reviews on the food and the restaurant from others in Berlin:
You are here: Home » Don’t Hate Me For Hating Currywurst!
October 10, 2012 | 11 Comments
I hate currywurst. There. I said it. Being so in love with Berlin as I am means that sentence borders on — no, it is — blasphemy. The people here go nuts for the (pork?) stuff, and I really cannot understand this gastronomic mystery. In fact, I’ve been told that Germans eat more than 70 million servings of currywurst cuisine annually. There are scores of currywurst restaurants in the city, and even a museum dedicated to immortalizing it’s meaty history.
Yes; greasy hot dog, chopped up, with icky too-sweet ketchup and sneeze-inducing dusty curry powder draws visitors from around the world. In my Berlin office cafeteria, I could always tell when it was currywurst day — the line snaked all the way through the entire eating area and out the door.
Maybe it’s an American thing, I don’t know, but I can confirm that my compatriot, Travels of Adam, feels the same: YUK!
But, if you are one of those that are passionate about spicy grease mixed with sugar and you are in Berlin, besides eating it you might want to visit the Deutsches Currywurst Museum. Nose your way through the powdery sniffing stations, get your very own personalized currywurst profile, and learn all about the curious history of the cult snack food while lounging on a giant weiner shaped sofa. To keep the curated experience in your heart long after you leave, you can even harass their oblong German speaking mascot, QWoo, on twitter.
- Urgent Veterinary Care and Pet Emergencies in Berlin October 13, 2013
- Best of Berlin Blogs: Roundup Feb 2013 February 11, 2013
- Kiss Your Honey On Gendarmenmarkt At Night November 1, 2012
- The German Museum Of Technology In Berlin October 27, 2012
- I Want to Wash the Windows of the Fernsehturm October 26, 2012
- Getting Naked With The Doctor September 4, 2011
- Bye Bye Monbijouplatz, I Will/Won’t Miss You June 21, 2012
- Sharing Translation Expertise With Google September 3, 2011
- Don’t Hate Me For Hating Currywurst! October 10, 2012
- Bird Virgin No More (Best Burgers In Berlin!) February 10, 2012
- Isa: That picture is certainly enough to put anyone off...
- Sandy: Thanks very much Gilly. I appreciate your thoughts...
- Gilly: :-( I hope you and George get the chance to enjoy ...
- CR: Sandy, I read your concerns at the top of the art...
- LKMAH: Love, loved loved your little menagerie of blogs. ...
american Berlin berlinale bootie christmas cool cuisine dancing dj doctor expat expatriate expensive fashion FKK food foodie freikörperkultur funny germany gourmet holidays landmark life luxury michelin star nudity party prêt a diner restaurant sightseeing soundcloud startup technology tim raue tourism translate travel trendy unique vacation visit walking wow youtube
- Best BLT in Berlin. #breakfast (@ Suicide Sue w/ 2 others) [pic]: 4sq.com/18ljfWG 2 days ago
- Business Model Workshop (@ SAP Innovation Center Potsdam w/ 2 others) [pic]: 4sq.com/1a7EomN 1 week ago
- Brandenburger Tor eyeem.com/p/23793449 #Berlin 3 weeks ago
- #Vintage #Marbles (@ Helmholtzplatz) EyeEm.com/p/23725199 3 weeks ago
- #Berlin #Red #Autumn eyeem.com/p/23327467 1 month ago
- The breakfast here is outstanding! So many choices! (@ Tomasa) [pic]: 4sq.com/16YutFl 1 month ago
- #Typography #Vintage #Berlin (@ S Nordbahnhof) EyeEm.com/p/23310415 1 month ago
- #Typography #Subway (@ S Nordbahnhof) EyeEm.com/p/23310257 1 month ago
- I'm at Redwood Bar w/ @oliver [pic]: 4sq.com/1aKaBBk 1 month ago
- I'm at SAP Berlin w/ @silfoglia @smonicats @ookcu @doroteha @helenakos 4sq.com/1gN6D3q 1 month ago